It is time to re-evaluate our progress. What have we accomplished? What have we learned?
- Created a screencast of the prototype of the visualization tool for demonstrations.
- Incremental improvements in the visualization tool.
- Standardized the
mencoderoptions for my data files.
mencoderis part of the MPlayer project.
- Scheduled additional recording sessions with the Deaf next week.
- Edited two groups of FSL video recordings. I am looking into automating this with video segmentation.
- Started working on the problem of metrics. How do I measure similarities between (recorded) signs?
- Re-organized the files under my thesis directory. Includes updates to the back-up scripts.
- Added to the goals for the marathon: video segmentation module
- Added to the goals for the marathon: hand shape recognition
- Added to the goals for the marathon: hand tracking
- Constantly underestimate the scope of sign language complexity.